Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hate to sound like the guy from Staind... but its been a while...

Some blogger I turned out to be... I haven't posted anything in like 3 months.... but I kinda have a good reason....

Almost dying is a good reason to not blog for a while... right?

In the beginning of June I got sick, food poisoning... You'd figure a few days of barfing up breakfast and I'd be good to go. not so much.... I was sick for 3 days, and on the 4th I apparently passed out and woke up in a hospital bed.

Doctor's came around and told me I almost died of dehydration and exhaustion or something. I was drinking plenty of liquids (mostly water) while I was sick, but couldn't keep it down for more than 20 minutes.

They/We were having a difficult time keeping me hydrated in the hospital but after about a week I was returning to normal. They told me I shouldn't do any (alcoholic) drinking, partying, illicit drugs, or exercises for a few more days, to regain my strength. And also no sex for a while either (might as well be a death sentence).

So for the first couple of weeks in June I was pretty much out of my typical routine (which includes blogging every few days).

When ya stop doing something for two weeks, people say it breaks the habit. Blogging didn't even enter my mind until earlier this month. I did what I always do with the exception of blogging, and I got a few extra hours at work (We usually work an average of 20-30 hours a week, less if its a slow week) and one day I had about 4 hours of free time that I wasn't used to.

I was trying to think of what I did to fill that time that I get free, turns out it was blogging.

Anyway, I'm back... I have a few LSC posts coming up, and hopefully I'll be able to get back into the habit of blogging again.

No comments: